ICICI Bank Student Travel Credit Card
The ICICI Bank has designed a Student Travel Credit Card to make it easier for an overseas student to pay the application fee and charges, course-related expenses, hostel fee, and day-to-day living expenses, while their parents can reload the card from India. ICICI Bank is one of the largest private sector banks in the country that has launched this card which enables students going abroad for higher studies to take care of their expenses.
Features of ICICI Bank Student Travel Credit Card
- It is a convenient, safe, and hassle-free way to manage their education-related expenses abroad.
- The card allows withdrawal from ATMs across the globe in local currency.
- Get the benefit of free comprehensive travel insurance, lost card liability insurance, and a replacement card which can be activated easily by calling an international toll-free number in the event of loss/ damage of the primary card.
- The unique feature of the card is that it makes the cardholder enjoys the membership of the International Student Identity Card (ISIC). It is the only internationally accepted proof of full-time student status and offers 40,000 benefits and discounts at 1.2 lakh merchant outlets across 130 countries.
- It is valid for three years and can be applied for from any foreign exchange-enabled ICICI Bank branch. Anyone, including non-customers, can apply for this card.
Benefits of ICICI Bank Student Travel Credit Card
- Avail of the benefits of International Student Identity Card (ISIC) membership worth Rs.590
- Avail of the benefits of Card Protection Plus insurance worth Rs.1,600
- Get up to 40% discount on excess baggage and 20% discount on courier services availed through DHL
- Avail of the Croma shopping vouchers
- Enjoy lost card or counter card liability coverage of up to Rs.5 lakh
The eligibility criteria to apply for ICICI Bank Student Travel Credit Card
- The minimum age to apply for an ICICI Credit Card is 21 years and the maximum is 65 years
- Must have a stable monthly income.
- Good credit score. It should be either 750, or above
- A resident of India or NRI.
- ICICI Bank Student Travel Card should be issued from ICICI Bank branches, Forex@Click, or iMobile app
- The minimum cumulative spend of the day should be USD 200 (or equivalent in other currencies).
- Students under the age of 18 will be issued an add-on card, while the primary card will be issued to the parents.
The documents required to apply for a Credit Card
- Identification Proof – PAN Card/Aadhaar Card/ Passport/ Driving License
- Residence Proof – Aadhaar Card/ Passport/ Driving License/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill
- Education Loan Account Statement
- Fixed Deposit Account Receipt
- Passport Size Photograph
- Student ID Card
ICICI Student Credit Card fees and Charges
||Rs 2499 plus applicable Taxes
||199 plus applicable taxes
||NIL and POS Machine
|Cross Currency Fee
||3.5% plus applicable taxes
||3.$5 for every 180 days of inactivity
|Replacement or Lost Cards
||Lost in India - $3; Lost outside India - $20
|Wallet to Wallet Transfer Fee
||2.5% of the transfer amount
How to apply for ICICI Credit Card at IndiaLends Platform
We provide you hassle-free and simple ways to apply for a credit card. You have to enter few basic details and we suggest the best credit card offers for you. Follow the steps given below to apply:
- Click here to start the application process.
- Enter your basic details like occupation, monthly income, city, and contact number. You will now see a list of credit cards for which you meet the basic eligibility criteria.
- Find your preferred ICICI credit card from the list and check your eligibility for the same.
- If eligible, you can complete the online application
Once you apply, you will get a call from our representative who will assist you in delivering the credit card of your choice to your doorstep.
Though we are not dealing with Student Credit Cards at present IndiaLends has collaborated with the top banks to offer you a low-annual fee or a lifetime free credit card. It can work well for students also. You can check here our range of credit cards and choose the one that suits you well.