EPF registration for employers
The companies having a strength of twenty or more employees are required to get themselves registered under the EPF scheme. It is important to note that the companies are required to obtain EPF registration within one month of hiring twenty employees or it may result in a penalty. The process is simple, and it can be done either online or offline.
Given below are the entities eligible to obtain Online EPF Registration for employers:
- For every factory engaged in an industry that has employed 20 or more employees.
- For every other establishment having 20 or more employees during the previous year.
- For every employee who is getting less than Rs. 15000/- per month.
Information required for EPF registration online
The employers need to provide the following details to successfully register themselves-
- Name and address of the company
- Head office and branch details
- Proof of incorporation or registration of the company
- Name the activity in which the enterprise is involved
- Legal details of the company i.e. whether it is a private firm, a public company, partnership, or society, etc.
- Owner details, including designation and address of Directors and partners
- Details of the bank with whom the company has a banking relationship
- PAN details
- GST Certificate, if the company has registered itself under it
- Cross cancelled cheque
- Bank details such as name, branch, IFSC Code, and address of the bank
- Basic details of the employee such as their name, date of joining, salary, etc.
- A form by the name “Proforma for Coverage” needs to be filled along with the details mentioned above to finish the registration process. In addition to this Proforma, employers are expected to submit Form 5A with Annexure 1 to complete the formalities.
Procedure for EPF Registration for Employers
Step 1: To register the organization with EPFO, the employer needs to visit the EPFO portal. Then, click on the option ‘Establishment Registration’.
Step 2: After clicking on the ‘Establishment Registration’, you will be taken to the next page where you will get an ‘Instruction Manual’. A new user must download and read the instruction manual completely before the registration.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
Step 4: Clicking on ‘Sign Up’ will ask for the Name, Email, Mobile Number, and Verification Code to be filled. After filling these details, click on ‘SIGN UP’ to create your account.
Step 5: There will be an option called ‘Registration For EPFO-ESIC’.
Step 6: The next page will give you an option called ‘Apply for New Registration’. Clicking on that will give two options called ‘Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948’ and ‘Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952’, which can be checked and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 7: This leads you to a page where the employer details are mentioned. All mandatory details that must be filed under each section are displayed with a red asterisk.
Step 8: You can view the summary of the registration form on the dashboard.
Step 9: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit your registration.
Step 10: This is followed by the employer’s Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) registration. For a fresh EPF registration application, DSC registration is mandatory.
Step 11: On completing the DSC registration, you will receive an email from Shram Suvidha with a confirmation about the completion of your successful registration.
Documents Required for EPF Registration Online
Listed below are the documents required for online EPF Registration-
- Name and PAN Card details of the employer
- ID Proof of the employer which can be either Passport, Driving License, or Voter’s ID.
- Address proof of the Registered Office in the form of Sale Deed (in case it is a self-owned premise) or Rent Agreement/ Lease Deed (in case of the Rented Premises).
- Utility Bills like electricity bill, Water Tax Receipt, etc., but not older than two months.
- A copy of the Certificate of Registration is needed in the case where the establishment is Trust/ Society/ LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) or Company.
- A copy of the Partnership Deed, Address Proof, and ID Proof of each partner is needed in the case where the establishment is a Partnership Firm.
- A cancelled cheque (bearing the pre-printed Account Holder’s Name and Account No)
- Balance Sheet Details
- A copy of First Sale Bill
- A copy of MOA (Memorandum of Association) and AOA (Articles of Association), if the applicant is either a Private or a Public Limited Company
- Details regarding the total wages dispersed in a month
- Details of the Employees needed for the allotment of UAN (Unique Account Number) such as Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Bank account details, Contact Number and Email-ID, Date of birth, Designation of the employee