EPFO Withdrawal

EPF withdrawal claim is made by an employee when he/she is unemployed or at the time or retirement. It is done by filling the EPF withdrawal form online. Please note you can use this withdrawal claim facility only if your Aadhaar is linked with UAN.

Eligibility Conditions for EPF Withdrawal 

The following are the conditions that an employee need to meet to be eligible for EPF withdrawal-

  • Money from the EPF account cannot be withdrawn if you are employed, unlike a bank account. Since EPF is a long-term retirement savings scheme. The money can be withdrawn only after retirement.
  • Partial withdrawal from EPF accounts is permitted only in some cases such as any medical emergency, house purchase/construction, or higher education. Partial withdrawal is subject to limit depending on the reason.
  • You can withdraw up to 90% of the EPF amount 1 year before retirement.
  • One can withdraw from their EPF corpus if they face unemployment before retirement.
  • The EPF subscriber must declare unemployment to withdraw the EPF amount.
  • EPFO allows withdrawal of up to 75% of the funds from your EPF corpus after 1 month of unemployment. The remaining 25% can be transferred to a new EPF account after getting new employment.
  • Employees do not need to wait for their employer’s approval for EPF withdrawal. By linking UAN and Aadhaar to your EPF account, you will get the approval online.
  • While making the claim online, you must have an active UAN number, Bank details linked with UAN, PAN and Aadhaar details seeded into EPF database.

EPF Withdrawal Online Procedure

You can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the EPF withdrawal form and initiate a claim online: -

Step 1- Firstly, you need to sign in to the UAN Member Portal with your UAN and Password.

Step 2- Now, click on the ‘Online Services’ tab and select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ from the drop-down menu.

Step 3- Member details will appear on the screen. Enter the last 4 digits of your bank account and then click on ‘Verify ‘.

Step 4- Click on ‘Yes’ to sign a certificate of the undertaking and proceed further.

Step 5- Click on the ‘Proceed for Online Claim’ option.

Step 6- Select PF Advance i.e. Form 31 to withdraw your funds online

Step 7- After that, a fresh section of the form will be opened, wherein you have to select the ‘Purpose for which you need the advance, the amount required and the employee’s address.

Step 8- Now tick on the certification and submit your application form.

Step 9 – You will also need to submit your scanned documents depending on the purpose for which you have filled the form.

Step 10 – Your employer needs to approve your withdrawal request. Once you get the approval, you will be able to withdraw the money from your EPF and deposit it in the bank account.

Step 11- SMS notification will also be sent to your registered number with EPFO. After the claim is processed, the amount will be transferred to your bank account. Although no formal time limit has been provided by the EPFO, but the money usually gets credited within 15-20 days.