Aadhaar Card Services
The UIDAI is offering several Aadhaar card services that people can use for checking, verifying, and managing various facilities to increase the acceptance and portability of 12-digit biometric identity proof. The best part is that all these Aadhaar card services are free of cost and accessible by everyone irrespective of religion, caste, creed or region. These services can be availed online 24×7 and 365 days of the year.
Following Aadhaar card services are provided by UIDAI to all Indian residents:
Aadhaar number verification
- One can easily verify its Aadhaar number whether it is an authentic document or a forged one.
- One can also visit the Aadhaar Verification option in the Aadhaar Services section
- Enter the Aadhaar number and the security code
- Click on the verify button to check the authenticity of Aadhaar
- Verification results show whether Aadhaar number exists or not
- If the Aadhaar number is valid, other details are also displayed such as age band, gender, state and the last 3 digits of the registered mobile number.
- It is not mandatory to link mobile number with Aadhaar to avail this facility
- This feature allows common man to do verification anyone’s Aadhaar details
- This facility can be used by landlords while renting houses, hotel owners for verifying guest details, various educational institutions, etc.
- There is no limit on the number of Aadhaar details that a user can verify
Email/ Mobile number verification
- This facility allows you to check whether the mobile number or email address is available in your Aadhaar card or not.
- It is a must that your mobile number should be registered with UIDAI to avail this facility
- Verification needs to be done by yourself only
- You can either verify your mobile or email id at a time
- Select the option of “Verify Email/Mobile Number” from the menu of Aadhaar Services.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the box provided
- Now enter either your mobile number or your email ID
- Enter the security code and click on “Get OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- Enter this OTP in the space provided and click on verify
- The result will be displayed whether your mobile number is linked with Aadhaar or not
- Also, if the number is registered, last 3 digits of the number will be displayed
- Aadhaar biometric locking/unlocking is one of the most effective security features of this identity.
- This facility allows you to lock your biometric to prevent it from being misused.
- Your fingerprints and iris scan are disabled from being used once you lock your biometrics.
- Whenever you want to use your biometrics, you can unlock it temporarily.
- When unlocked, the biometric authentication remains active for 10 minutes for you to carry out your task.
- After 10 minutes, the biometric data is locked automatically.
- In case you do not want to add this layer of security, you can simply disable the biometric lock.
- Click on “Lock/Unlock Biometrics” option in the Aadhaar Services section
- Login to the UIDAI portal using your Aadhaar number
- Enter your Aadhaar and security code and click on Get OTP
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter this OTP and click on Login.
- Now enter the security code to authenticate and click on the “Lock” button to lock your biometrics.
- In case you want to unlock your biometrics, you will have to login again.
- This time, you get two options – Unlock and Disable.
- In case you want to temporarily unlock your biometrics for a single verification, you can unlock the biometrics.
- In case you do not want to shield your biometrics, you can simply click on the disable button to remove the lock from your Aadhaar biometrics permanently.
- You can lock your biometrics again whenever you want.
- Biometric locking/unlocking is also available through the mAadhaar app which is the official app of the UIDAI.
- When you lock your biometrics for the first time, it may take up to 6 hours for the lock to be implemented fully.
Aadhaar-Bank Account Linking Status:
- This facility allows you check the latest bank account linked with your Aadhaar.
- In case you have not linked any bank account with Aadhaar, a message will be displayed stating the fact.
- You must link your mobile number with Aadhaar to avail of this facility.
- You can get the Aadhaar linking information from the NPCI server. However, no information accessed from servers of NPCI is stored by UIDAI.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code.
- Click on Send OTP to send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP and click on the submit button
- The bank account linked with Aadhaar will be displayed on the screen.
Aadhaar Authentication History
- You can check the Aadhaar authentication history through this feature.
- The results displayed contain the transactions for which Aadhaar has been invoked for authentication.
- Click on the “Aadhaar Authentication History” to view all authentication details
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code and click on the “Generate OTP” button.
- Select the “Authentication Type”, number of results (maximum 50), date range, and the OTP sent on your phone.
- Click on the Submit button
- All results will be displayed on the screen clearly mentioning the transaction ID, date, authentication type and other details.
- This feature helps you to track all authentications for which your Aadhaar data had been invoked.
Virtual ID Generation:
- Virtual ID is a 16-digit temporary code generated as an alternative of Aadhaar number
- If an applicant is providing Virtual ID number, then in that case there is no need to share Aadhaar number.
- All agencies made a provision to accept VIDs in place of Aadhaar by June 1st, 2018.
- VIDs generation happens on the UIDAI’s portal
- Click on the “Virtual ID (VID) Generator” option in the Aadhaar Services section
- Enter the Aadhaar number and security code and click on the Send OTP option
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile and select whether you want to generate or retrieve your VID
- Click on the Submit button
- A virtual ID will be generated and sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.