How to link Aadhaar with IRCTC Account
On the portal of IRCTC, one can easily book train tickets from the comfort of their home. Users can book 6 train tickets each month. When a user does the linking of Aadhaar number with IRCTC, he or she can book 12 tickets each month.
Steps to link Aadhaar with IRCTC Account
Login to your IRCTC account using your “User ID” and “Password”
Select the “Link Your Aadhaar” option from the “My Account” section
Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, tick the disclaimer and click on “Send OTP”
Your details will be displayed on the screen
Tick on the disclaimer and click on the “Update” button
Your IRCTC account will be successfully linked with your Aadhaar
Process to add Aadhaar Number of a passenger
- To verify the Aadhaar number of a passenger, it is a mandate to add the Aadhaar number in the master list before book online train ticket. Steps to add a passenger in the master list are as follows:
- Login to your IRCTC account by entering your “user ID and password”.
- In the “My Profile” section, select the “Master List” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, berth preference, food preference, senior citizen concession, etc.
- Now select the “Aadhaar card” in ID Card Type and enter your Aadhaar number in the ID Card Number box.
- Now click on the “Submit” button
- Details of the passenger will be added in the Master List. However, the status will show verification “Pending”. The status shows “Verified” for details verified through Aadhaar.
- In case , no Aadhaar verification has been done then status reflected as “Not verified” in the “Verification Status” column.
- For all “Not Verified” details, users can edit their details and mention their Aadhaar for verification and click on “Update”.
Steps to Book Tickets using the Aadhaar Verified Master List
IRCTC allows users to book tickets by directly selecting passenger details from the Master List. It saves the user of entering passenger details every time he wants to book a ticket. Here’s how you can select Aadhaar verified passengers from the master list:
- Enter your travel details and search for trains
- Select the class and click on the book now option
- Now click on the “Select passenger from the Master List” option
- Tick on the passenger details already saved in the Master List and click on “Select passengers” option
- Your details will be added directly in the booking window and you can proceed with the payment option for booking the ticket.