Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account
The Government of India has made it compulsory to link Aadhaar Card with their bank account. Banks have also been given the authority to deactivate all those bank accounts which are not linked with the Aadhaar. One can do link of Aadhaar card both online and offline.
Steps to link Aadhaar card both online and offline are as follows:
Account holders can link Aadhaar with bank accounts online as well. This can be done either using the bank’s mobile application or through internet banking. However, to avail the facility, the user should be registered with respective bank to avail of this service:
Link bank account with Aadhaar in the bank
- Fill the bank account Aadhaar linking application form. Visit your bank’s official website to find the ‘Aadhaar-linking’ Form. If not available on the website, please visit a bank branch near you.
- Mention your details of bank account as well as your Aadhaar number correctly.
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card with the form.
- Submit the form and the Aadhaar copy at the counter where you may be asked to furnish your original Aadhaar card for verification.
- Your application will be accepted, and it may take a couple of days to link your bank account with Aadhaar.
- Once linked, you will be notified on your registered mobile number.
Link of Bank account with Aadhaar via internet banking
- Login to your internet banking website of your respective bank
- Enter your user id and password.
- Under “My Account” section, click on the “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts(CIF)” sub-section.
- Enter profile password for Aadhaar Registration
- A page will open where you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number twice.
- Click on the “Submit” button after entering your Aadhaar number.
- A message will be displayed on successful seeding of your Aadhaar.
Link of bank account with Aadhaar using mobile app of the bank
- One can also link Aadhaar with bank account by using the respective bank’s mobile app. Steps are as follows:
- Login to your bank’s mobile application.
- In the “My Accounts” section under “Services” tab, click on the “View/Update Aadhaar card details” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number twice and click on the Submit button.
- You will get a message regarding the successful linking of your bank account with your Aadhaar card.
Linking bank account with Aadhaar at an ATM
- Swipe your ATM card and enter your PIN
- In the “Services” menu, choose the “Registrations” option.
- After that, select the “Aadhaar Registration” option.
- Select the account type (savings/current) and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Re-enter the Aadhaar number and click Okay button.
- You will get a confirmation message regarding the successful seeding of your Aadhaar with your bank account.
Linking bank account with Aadhaar using an SMS
All banks are not having this facility. Moreover, the SMS format along with the number is different for different banks.
- Type a message in the format UIDAadhaar numberAccount number and send it to on the bank’s SMS number which are having this facility of Linking bank account with Aadhaar via SMS
- You will get a confirmation message stating that your request has been taken into consideration
- The bank verifies the details with UIDAI.
- In case your verification is unsuccessful, you will get a message asking you to visit the nearest State Bank of India branch with your original Aadhaar.
Linking of bank account through phone
Many banks provide the facility to link Aadhaar with the bank account through phone. Steps to follow are:
- If your bank supports Aadhaar card linking with bank account on phone, give a missed call to the number provided by your bank.
- You will get a call-back from the bank where you can select options from the IVR.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- You will get a text message when your Aadhaar is linked with your account.