How to check or update photograph in Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card is one of the most significant identity proofs which consists of both demographic as well as biometric data of the cardholder. There are mainly two methods to update the Aadhaar card, one is via self-service update Portal and others by visiting the Aadhaar enrollment center.
The process to change or update photograph in Aadhaar Card
To update his or her Aadhaar details, a person can visit nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Centre. Steps to follow are mentioned below to change a photo in Aadhaar Card are as follows:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre or download Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- After download, fill the form with due diligence.
- Submit the filled form to the executive and give your biometric details.
- After the executive takes the form, the executive will take your live photograph.
- A fee of ₹ 25 + GST will have to be paid to get the details updated
- After all the necessary formalities completed by the executive to update Aadhar details, you will get an acknowledgment slip containing a URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to track the update status
The process to download the Updated Aadhaar Card
- After the request to change the photo in Aadhaar is processed, one can easily download the updated Aadhaar Card online.
- You need to visit the UIDAI portal to download the updated Aadhaar Card
- One can also select to download a normal Aadhaar Card or a Masked Aadhaar Card
- You need to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar App after the update.
- It is a must to update the Aadhaar Card the Digi Locker app as well
Important Points Related to Aadhaar Card Update
- There is no documentation process for changing photo in Aadhaar Card
- There is no need to submit any photograph as the executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam.
- The minimum time period to update details in Aadhaar Card is 90 days.
- You can check the Aadhaar update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip
- There is no online process to change photo in Aadhar card through the Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP).