How to get a duplicate Aadhaar Card
If your Aadhaar Card is misplaced or lost , then UIDAI has made it possible for all residents to get a duplicate Aadhaar card by following a simple procedure.
Here are the steps to get a duplicate Aadhaar Card:
- Go to the official UIDAI website - https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Choose the option which is relevant according to your requirement that is ‘You want to receive your lost - Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrollment Number (EID).
- After that give your relevant personal details:
Full Name - Enter your full name in the space provided
Email ID / Mobile Number - Enter your Email ID and Mobile Number (It is necessary to enter the Email ID or the Mobile Number that was given while applying for the Aadhaar card in order to successfully retrieve the card).
- Enter the 4-digit security code that is displayed on the screen
- Click on the OTP button, you will get an OTP on the mobile number or email id provided both on your email id and the mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided
- Click on the ‘Verify OTP’ button