Documents required for Aadhaar Card
A person who is willing to enroll for the new Aadhaar Card is required to fill up a form that is available online on the official website of UIDAI and after that need to submit on any of the authorized Aadhaar Enrollment Centers anywhere in India. Along with form, it is a mandate to attach self-attested copies of certain supporting documents which are required for the Aadhaar verification of furnished details of the applicant.
These documents are sub-sectioned into basically four categories.
- When you apply for a new Aadhaar card
- When you want to make any changes in your existing card.
Follow the given steps, the documents required for Aadhar card:
What are valid documents as an identity proof?
You can submit any of the supporting documents are accepted by the UIDAI as Identity proof:
- PAN card
- Voter Identification card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Driving license of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by a PSU
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by a Recognized Educational Institution.
- License of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate.
- ECHS Photo card
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and the photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar.
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either the State Government, the UT Government or any such Administration.
What are the valid documents to give Date of Birth Proof?
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of SSLC Book
- Applicant’s passport
- Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer
- PAN Card
- Certificate of Date of Birth which is issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead.
- Marksheet which has been issued by any Government Board or University.
- Government Photo Id Card or Photo Identity Proof or PSU issued ID card which contains date of birth.
- Pension Payment Order (Central or State).
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Identity card.
What are the valid documents to give relationship proof?
The list of documents required for ascertaining the relationship of the applicant with the family’s head for Aadhar card enrollment are as follows:
- PDS Card
- Job card of MNREGA
- Medical card issued by the State Government, CGHS, ECHS and ESIC.
- Canteen card of the Army.
- Pension card.
- Passport of the applicant.
- Any family entitlement document issued by any Central or State Government.
- Registrar of Birth/municipal Corporation or any local government Birth Certificate.
- Any one document from each category is required to be enclosed with the form for successful issuance of the Aadhaar card.
Documents valid as an Address proof are :
- Bank Statement or Passbook.
- Account Statement of Post Office or Passbook.
- Ration Card.
- Voter ID.
- Driving License.
- Govt. Photo ID cards or PSU Issued service photo identity card.
- Electricity Bill (Not more than 3 months old).
- Water bill (Not more than 3 months old).
- Telephone Landline Bill (Not be more than 3 months old).
- Property Tax Receipt (Not be more than 1 year old).
- Credit Card Statement (Not be more than 3 months old).
- Gas Connection Bill (Not be more than 3 months old).
- Signed Letter with Photo on the Bank’s letterhead.
- Signed Letter with Photo issued on registered company’s letterhead.
- Signed Letter with Photo issued on Recognized Educational Institution’s letterhead.
- Arms License.
- Pensioner’s Card.
- Freedom Fighter Card.
- Kissan Passbook.
- Registered Sale/Rent/Lease Agreement.
- Certificate of Address with photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted or Tehsildar on letterhead.
- Certificate of Address issued by head of Village Panchayat or its equivalent authority (for rural areas).
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- CGHS / ECHS Card.
- Address Card with Photo issued by Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile Certificate with Photo Issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID card/handicapped medical certificate Issued by respective State or UT Governments or Administrations.
- Insurance Policy.
- Passport of Spouse.
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Marriage Certificate Issued by the Government Containing address.
Documents required for Aadhaar Card of Children
The documents required for Aadhaar Card of children is same as of a normal applicant. Any one of the parents ‘s Aadhaar copy is required apart from the document required by normal applicant to child’s Aadhaar card.
Children below 5 years are not required to submit their biometric data. It is only required when a child become 5 years old.
Documents are required for Aadhar card enrollment for children:
Proof of residence.
Proof of identity.
Aadhaar of any one of the parents.
The documents accepted as Identity proof are given below:
- Passport copy
- PAN Card Copy
- Voter ID Copy.
- Driving License
The documents accepted as Address proof are given below:
- Passport Copy of Spouse
- A Copy of Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- Credit Card Statement (last 3 months)
- Bank Statement
- Last 3 months electricity bill
- Last 3 months water bill
- Last three months gas connection bill
- Last 3 months landline bill
- Last 3 months insurance policy
If you not able to submit all the requisite documents in that case, UIDAI can revoke the issuance of the Aadhaar card anytime they like.