Know Your Pan
India is a country&nbsp; that is considered both as populated and highly diversified. India has various castes, creed, religion and culture and other societal parameters. To run a successful government, every citizen of India needs to contribute a certain amount of money in the form of tax from his or her source of income. It will help the government to run the country smoothly and ensures proper law and order in the country. Keeping in mind all these factors, in 1972,&nbsp; the concept of PAN was being introduced by the Government of India. PAN is made compulsory document under section 139 A of the Indian Tax Act 1961.
There is no need to face any more painstaking hassles like in the past regarding the maintenance of documents. Earlier losing any document imposed an enormous burden on people. But now due to digital surge, Income Tax department can easily provide an individual all essential information related to PAN card and can also provide you a duplicate copy of PAN card in case you lost your PAN card.
Know your PAN number by Name and Date of Birth
There is a new technique that came for the PAN cardholders to get details about the PAN by name and date of birth, you can easily know your PAN by PAN number.
Process to know your PAN Number
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Income Tax E-Filing at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Step 2: Click on “Know Your PAN” under section “Quick Links” displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Step 3: After that enter all the details including name, date of birth and mobile number.
- Step 4: You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number linked with PAN.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click on “Validate” to process further.
- Step 6: Now enter your Father’s name and click on the “Submit” button.
After following the above steps, you will get the following details:
- Your PAN Card number.
- Your First Name.
- Your Middle Name.
- Your Surname.
- The status of activity or inactivity of the Card.
What all are included in the PAN details?
- PAN number
- Name of Assessee
- Date of Birth
- Address of Assessee
How to look for PAN Card details through Income Tax Website?
- Step 1: Click on “Register Yourself”.
- Step 2: Select your user type as applicable and click on “Continue”.
- Step 3: Provide your basic details.
- Step 4: Fill up the Registration Form and click on “Submit”.
- Step 5: An activation link will be sent to the email address provided by you. Click on this link to activate your account.
- Step 6: Log in to your account on the e-Filing website.
- Step 7: Select “Profile Settings”
- Step 8: Select “My Account”.
How to know about your PAN status?
- Step 1: Visit the official websites of UTIITSL/TIN-NSDL.
- Step 2: The next step is to go to the PAN section on the website. You can track the status of the PAN application on this page.
- Step 3: The applicant will need to choose the type of application that they are filling in.
- Step 4: Next, they will need to provide a few details along with their 15-digit/9-digit acknowledgment number or PAN Number.
- Step 5: Enter the Image Code (Captcha Code).
- Step 6: After filling all the information, they will be directed to a page that will provide them with the current status of their PAN application.
How to know about your PAN Card issue date?
The date of the PAN card issue is not needed for any verification process. But for information-wise, one must know that where exactly the PAN issue date is located on the PAN Card. It is placed vertically on the right bottom half of the PAN card.