PAN Card mistakes
PAN card or a Permanent Account number is the most important document for making financial transactions. The PAN is being required for numerous reasons. As PAN is an important document of national value, information in a PAN card is to be filled with great care to avoid making any PAN Card mistakes.
Precautions needs to be taken to avoid PAN Card mistakes
- Avoid making incorrect signatures: There are two places in the PAN Card form where an applicant needs to do signature. One signature is to be done across the photograph and the other is in the space provided below. If an applicant signs anywhere outside these two allotted places, it will result in an error in the PAN application form which needs to be rectified.
- Not to make a signature with blue ink: Usually, all the government entity forms are signed with black ink and sometimes, applicant may use blue ink to do signature. It is essential always to stick to rules and regulations and sign only with a black ink.
- Avoid making use of the initials in the form: Many people are in a habit of making use of initials. They use the same initials while filling PAN Card application form also. The Income Tax department does not accept initials in PAN application, it is advisable to use your full name instead of initials.
- Please do not make use of scanned copy of photographs: Like every other government form, in PAN application also, applicant is required to provide two passport size photographs to affixed in the form. So, make sure, do not make use of the scanned photographs as it is not clear. Make use of always original photographs to attach in the form.
PROCESS TO CORRECT PAN CARD MISTAKES
It is always advisable to cross-check data always while applying for a new PAN card. In case of giving accidentally wrong information, unclear signature, photograph, etc. Process of how to correct PAN card mistakes mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Income Tax Department
- Download the PAN Change request form or “Online Application for Changes or Correction in PAN data
- Scroll down on the page opened and select the required field.
- When you make a ‘’ Request for a new PAN Card or changes or correction in PAN Data, new online form will open.
- After the form will be open, make necessary changes. Once done, go through the form again to see, if any more corrections are needed and after that click on ‘Submit’.
- Payment needs to be done using various modes. After that an acknowledgment will be downloaded, of which print out is to be taken out for future references.
- After making payment, relevant documents, along with the acknowledgment should be sent to the following address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
Another way of applying for correction in PAN Card through UTIITSL. It is also having a correction form, where the right details related to PAN Card can be filled. After the applicant made the necessary changes and paid the fees, acknowledgment receipt is generated that can be used for future reference. The updated PAN card will be sent by post to the address mentioned in the form by the applicant.