TAN number is used for the identification of Tax Deduction Account. It is a10 digit alphanumeric code. So, anyone who is liable to make TDS deductions from their payment must to have a TAN.
What is the process of verifying TAN online?
1. To do the verification of TAN, one needs to log on to the e-Filing website of Income Tax Department.
2. After that, click on the tab ‘Services’ and select an option of ‘Know your TAN’ from the dropdown menu.
3. After that choose the ‘Deductor Type’ from the category of deductor as mentioned below:
- Statutory Body/ Local Authorities/ Autonomous Bodies
- Firms/ AOP (Trust)/AOP/ Artificial Judicial Person/ Body of Individuals
- Branch of individual business/ Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)
- Branch of firms/ AOP (Trust)/ AOP/ Artificial Judicial Person/Body of Individuals
- Individual/ Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)
- Branch of Company
- Central or State Government
4. Then select ‘State’ from the dropdown menu.
5. As per your preference, enter TAN Number or Name.
6. Mention the Captcha code as it appears on screen.
7. Then click on ’search’ button to generate your results.
How to do TAN Verification by Name
- Log on to the website of www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘services’ tab on the left side of the home page and after that, go to an option called ‘Know Your PAN’.
- Then log in by using your User Id and Password after clicking on TAN option.
- Once you log in, ‘Know your TAN page’ will appear on the screen.
- Search type must be ‘Search by Name’.
- One needs to type full name of Deductor; you can just mention first name. After that list of the companies will appear that matches your search. Choose the correct deductor from the given list in the drop-down menu.
- Enter all the details in the compulsory fields.
- Click on search button after entering the ‘Captcha Code’.
- Results will have the complete TAN details for the mentioned company name.
TAN Verification by TAN Number
- Visit the official website of Income Tax Department i.e., www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Choose option ‘Know your PAN|TAN|AO’ from the Services tab
- Login with user ID and password and choose the search type as ‘TAN’
- Select the state and deductor.
- You just must enter the 10-digit alphanumeric TAN in the required field.
- Click on search after entering Captcha code.
- Results with the TAN details will be displayed.