Driving License application process in Haryana
To apply for a driving license in the state of Haryana, one need to comply with a list of rules and regulations set by the Haryana motor vehicles department. This guide will help you to know the whole process of applying for a driving license in Haryana.
Different types of driving license in Haryana
In the state of Haryana, you can apply for the below-mentioned driving licenses if you are eligible.
- Learner’s/learning license: Before obtaining a permanent driving license in Haryana, an applicant needs to apply for a learner’s license first. This is a temporary license with a validity of 6 months. It is issued when the applicant is in the process of learning a motor vehicle.
- Permanent driving license: After 1 month of getting a learner’s license, you can apply for a permanent license.
- Driving license for motorcycles without gear: You can apply for this kind of permanent driving license if you wish to ride a scooter or moped that does not have a manual gearbox. The applicants should be at least 16 years of age to procure such a license.
- Driving license for light motor vehicle: This class of driving license can be applied by the people who are willing to drive a light motor vehicle such as bikes or cars. To get this license, an applicant must be at least 18 years old.
Eligibility criteria to apply for driving license in Haryana
Below given is the eligibility criteria to obtain a driving license in Haryana-
- The applicant should be above the age of 18 if he/she is applying for a vehicle not exceeding the engine capacity of 50CC.
- To apply for a private vehicle, an applicant should be above the age of 18 years.
- To apply for a driving license for a commercial vehicle, an applicant should be above the age of 20 years.
- The applicant should apply for a driving license 30 days after getting a learning license and within 180 days of the date of the issue mentioned on your learner’s licence
- The applicant should be well-versed with traffic rules and regulations.
- You must have a learning license.
Documents required for driving license in Haryana
- Applicants need to submit these documents while filing their application for a driving license in Haryana-
- Age proof such as Aadhaar card, voter’s ID, Passport, Utility bills, house rent agreement, house agreement, etc
- Address proof such as PAN card, birth certificate, school leaving certificate, etc
- 3 passport size photographs
- Form 4 which is the application for driving license in Haryana RTO
- Application fee
- A driver training certificate if you are applying for a commercial driving license
- form 1
- form 1A
- Original learner's license
The process to apply for a driving license in Haryana
- To apply for your license online in Haryana, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Government of Haryana Transport Department at https://haryanatransport.gov.in/
- Fill the online application form and attach all the supporting documents
- Pay the required fees which is Rs. 200
- After that, the document verification will be done, and then you will be issued the new driving license
- To apply for a driving license via an offline mode in Haryana, you need to follow the below procedure. Please note, applicants are eligible to apply for a permanent driving license after holding a learner’s license for 30 days.
- Get an application form no 4 from the nearest RTO. Fill and submit it with relevant documents
- If you are applying for a commercial driving license, you will also need to submit form 5 i.e. driving certificate issued by a driving school or establishment
- Also, you would be required to pay a small fee of Rs. 200 to the RTO
- After that, an RTO official will assign a slot to you to undergo a driving license test. On passing the test, you will receive your driving license via post within 2-3 weeks
Steps to check driving license application status in Haryana
To check your driving license application status in Haryana, you need to follow the below-mentioned procedure.
Checking the driving license status online
Step 1: Visit the website of the Transport Department of Haryana at https://haryanatransport.gov.in/ and select your state
Step 2: Then, you would be asked some details such as driving license number, date of birth, and verification code
Step 3: After entering the above-mentioned details, press on “Check Status” to know more about the status of your application
Step 4: You have entered the correct details; the portal will display information about the present status of your driving license application
Checking the driving license status offline
Applicants can also check their driving license status by visiting their nearest Regional Transport Office in Haryana. To know the present application status, you would need to provide necessary information which includes your license number and the application number.
How can you make corrections in your driving license online?
If you wish to change any information such as misspelled names, or address printed on your license, you need to forward a written application along with the relevant documents with the correct information. Remember, this can only be done in the same RTO which issued your original license. Once approved, you can collect your license with the correct information on the same day. You will be charged a small fee for this which you need to check with your RTO.
How to get a duplicate driving license in Haryana?
In Haryana, you can also apply for a duplicate driving license if it is stolen or lost. An individual must apply for a duplicate license within 6 months after the official driving license is lost or stolen. The duplicate driving license can be obtained at the RTO who initially issued you the original license. The applicant should bring all the required documents and get verification from the RTO officials. One can also apply for a duplicate driving license online via parivahan.gov.in website.
Driving license renewal in Haryana
The applicants need to renew their driving license before its expiry date which is usually 20 years from the date of the issue. You can renew your license either online or offline according to your convenience. A fee of Rs. 250 is charged by the RTO for license renewal before 30 days from the expiry date.
To renew your driving license online, follow the below-given steps-
- Visit the website of the Transport Department of Haryana at https://haryanatransport.gov.in/
- Now fill the form with the required details and attach the supporting documents as well
- Pay the required fee
- Once your documents will be verified, your license will be renewed
To renew your license offline, follow these steps-
- Visit your nearest RTO office and collect the application form for driving license renewal (i.e. application from 9)
- Fill the details and submit it to the officer-in-charge
- Produce the original documents for verification and on successful verification, your driving license will be renewed
Driving license test procedure in Haryana
A driving license in Haryana cannot be obtained without appearing for a driving license test. A driving license test in Haryana needs to be given at the RTO. The test is conducted as per rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 in presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector. If the applicant passes the test, then the driving license is delivered to the doorstep within 7 days.