Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card
The Bank of Baroda design this card to make the customer experience the brilliance of using the Bank of Baroda EMV Chip debit card. The special feature of this card is its microprocessor which stores and protects the cardholder’s data. The card comes with a high withdrawal and spending limit which can be utilized every day. The card is accepted at all ATMs and merchant stores that display the Visa logo.
Main features of Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card
- The card is used internationally.
- Premium cards with higher spending limits as compared to other debit cards.
- The cash withdrawals are limited to Rs 1 Lakh per day from any ATM.
- The spending limit has been capped to Rs 2 Lakh per at all Point of Sale outlets.
- This card can be used at any of the 6,900+ Bank of Baroda ATMs spread across the country.
- This card can also be used at any of the 1,18,000+ ATMs which are member banks of the National Financial Switch.
- Offers safe and convenient online transactions
- You can use this card to get a mini-statement about your account from any ATM
- This card can be used to make payments at restaurants, for shopping, paying for groceries, etc.
The documents required to apply for the Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card
- Identity proof and address proof
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Any document that includes your photo on it that has been certified by the Central/State government and its department
- Insurance copy
- Utility bills like telephone (landline only), electricity, and water (not more than three months old)
How to apply for Visa Electron Debit Card?
An individual can apply for a Visa Electron Debit Card by first opening an account with the Bank of Baroda. Once the application form is submitted to the bank along with all necessary documents, the bank will determine if you are eligible to open an account with them.
|Annual Fee||Exempted for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Regeneration of PIN||Rs 150|
|Additional card charges||Exempted for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Renewal of debit cards in case of inquiry||NIL|
|Card replacement within India||Rs 200|
|Cash withdrawal at BOB ATM in India||NIL|
|Rail Ticket and fuel charges||Rs.10 or 2.50% of transaction amount (whichever is higher)|
|Surcharges on payments at certain educational institutions and payment of certain government services||1% of the transaction amount|
Steps that need to be followed to open an account:
- You can download the form from the website of Bank of Baroda. It is available under the heading “Account Opening Form” that is available on the Bank of Baroda website
- Fill in all the required details in the form.
- Submit the filled application form along with all necessary documents at the nearest branch of Bank of Baroda.
- Once the application is reviewed, the bank will create your account
- When the bank has decided to open an account for you, the bank will then issue a debit card along with its PIN number.