HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
The HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit card is known for offering a host of benefits and privileges to cardholders. Using this card, the customer is getting a cashback of 1% on swiping at retail shops. Additionally, customers can save money every time they fill fuel at any fuel station in the country.
Key highlights of EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
- ATM Cash withdrawal limit is 1 Lakh per day
- The purchase limit is INR 2.75 Lakh per day.
- Re.1 cashback for every Rs.100 spent with the card
- Insurance cover
Features of HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
- For each Rs 100 spent using the debit card, one is getting Rs 1 as cashback be it is an online purchase or an offline purchase. 1 Cashback point on every Rs. 200 spent on Groceries & Supermarket, Restaurant & Apparels, and Entertainment.
- You can save more on fuel purchases at any petrol pump across India. One saves up to Rs 750 per month.
- Insurance cover for death by road, rail, or air is given up to Rs 10 Lac.
- Rs 50 Lakh is air accident insurance cover. It is provided only if the ticket is purchased using the HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card.
- All the purchases of items using the EasyShop Platinum debit card will be protected from happenings like fire and theft with an insurance amount of Rs. 50,000. The items must have been bought within six months of the incident.
- Checked baggage will be insured with a sum of Rs. 20,000.
- To protect your card from any fraudulent sale of purchases, make sure that the loss of your card must be reported within 30 days of the card being lost.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the EasyShop Platinum Debit Card
Both NREs and Residents can apply for the EasyShop Platinum Debit Card. Resident Indians should be an account holders of any of the following:
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- Supersaver Account
- Salary Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
Fee and Charges
|Annual Fee||150+applicable taxes|
|Declines charges on insufficient balances||Rs 25+applicable taxes|
|Duplicate PIN||Rs 50+GST|
|Foreign Currency Mark-up Charges||A transaction charge of 1.8% of the transaction amount|
How to apply for HDFC Bank Debit Card
If you are new to HDFC bank, you are required to open an account with the bank. For this, you need to download the account opening form from the bank’s website. After that, fill in the form to apply for an EasyShop platinum debit card.
Once you have completed the form with the required information, submit it to any of the nearest HDFC branches of the bank. Once processing is complete, your debit card will be sent to your mailing address.
In case you are an existing account holder in HDFC bank, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the HDFC Official Website.
- On the home page, you will find the Pay option, under which you will see a drop-down of various card options.
- Select debit cards. Here, you will find various HDFC debit cards, pick the one that suits your needs. Click on the Signup, where you will get 2 options, like- 'Existing customer' or 'I'm a new customer. Select the right option and proceed further.
- After completion of the process, you will get the debit card and the checkbook within 48 hours at your doorstep.